Omni Childhood Center Evaluations
Working in conjunction with the New York City Department of Education, Omni Childhood Center's Evaluation Department provides evaluations for preschool children (three to five).
Evaluations are conducted to assess a wide va¬riety of educational concerns. All evaluations are conducted by New York State certified thera¬pists who work to ensure that all concerns are addressed. Omni offers evaluations in many languages to better assess the concerns stated.
Please contact the Evaluation Department by filling out the form below if you would like to start the evaluation process for your child please contact us . An Omni representative will accompany you to the Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) conference, and assist in obtaining services.
The following are signs that a child you know may benefit from an evaluation:
- The child exhibits speech difficulties such as stuttering or lisping
- The child cannot speak in complete sentence* and has a limited vocabulary
- The child has difficulty walking up or down stairs
- The child is accident prone and may fall frequently
- The child cannot catch or throw a ball
- The child cannot grasp a spoon properly and may be a sloppy eater
- The child has difficulty gripping a crayon or pencil
- The child exhibits frequent outbursts of aggression or anger
- The child has difficulty making eye contact
- The child has difficulty paying attention
- The child does not complete assigned tasks
- The child does not follow teacher's instructions
- The child does not participate in classroom activities
- The child does not respond or answer when called upon
- The child continuously plays alone and ignores classmates
- The child refuses to share toys with classmates
If you know a child who may be exhibiting any one or more of the above difficulties, a professional evaluation is highly recommended. Contact us today by filling out the form on the right.